Our Easter holiday opening hours are:
Good Friday 10.00 – 5.30
Easter Saturday 09.00 – 5.30
Easter Sunday Closed
Easter Monday 10.00—4.30
On Easter Monday do not miss our Great Offers (up to 50% off) and the revealing of the winner of our Giant Limited Edition Easter Egg Competition. Just guess the name of our needle felted “Boy Owl “ and win this fabulous egg.
The competition is open now at £1 per entry with the proceeds being donated to the Newbury Cats Protection Charity. The winner will be announced at 3 pm on Easter Monday. In the event of multiple correct entries these will be put together and the winner will be drawn.
Yarn of the Week
We are starting April with two yarns from King Cole, Fashion Aran and Riot DK, these are two favourites, and will be available at 20% discount from Monday March 30th until Sunday April 12th, another two yarns will be announced from April 13th. The discount covers yarns in stock and for pre-paid orders.
11th and take home a cute model, spaces are still available, from 10.00 – 3.00 at £45 including course materials.
In addition to Brittany Needles we have now added single pointed Knit Pro Wooden Needles, these are very high quality, are very nice to use and a good alternative to Brittany.
We are pleased to promote YarnFest customer, “Pea Brodhurst” with her new book, “Do Goats Go To Heaven”, this is a great comical read of her life and fun with “Shreddie” (the goat!). We have this book in stock and it’s a nice gift for any occasion. Look out for Shreddie around town, he goes everywhere with Pea!
- Sock Club. The next meeting is 7pm April 27th, later than normal due to Easter and other clashing dates.
- Wonderwool Wales Saturday April 25th. We still have one seat available, please contact us as soon as possible if you want to join us on this great day out. The cost is £36.00, includes travel and entrance ticket.
- Spinning Day. There were three spinning wheels present and whilst there were few attendees the day was very enjoyable and we introduced some new people to the world of spinning. We plan to hold a similar meeting later in the year.
- Duck Eggs. Check out our local Duck Eggs from the “Happy Ducks of Horsemoor Farm” in Chieveley at £2.00 for pack of 6. They taste great , are bigger than hens eggs and ideal to cook with.
* At 01.04.15— Call for Updates
** Includes Kit to make a small animal
***Incudes a Tunisian Crochet Hook
New Booking Conditions. With immediate effect we are implementing a minimum period of 3 clear days notice required to change an existing booking. We would appreciate everyone’s understanding for us needing to set this criteria. Genuine cases of emergency will always be looked at sympathetically.
New Sewing Course. We are currently discussing with a local team to provide sewing courses, these would be on a regular basis and cover all aspects from sewing machine instruction to producing garments of differing levels of complexity. Classes will be for four persons and include the provision of sewing machines. For us to gauge interest, please let us know if you would be interested, there is no obligation.