Yarn of the Week
We are starting March with two yarns from King Cole, Riot Chunky and Riot DK, these are two favourites, and will be available at 20% discount from Monday March 2nd until Sunday March 15th, another two yarns will be announced from March 16th. The discount covers yarns in stock and for pre-paid orders.
There are still yarns on the shelf though they are running down quickly, visit early for 30% off some lovely yarns.
Please note we cannot accept returns for yarns sold under “Clearance” unless faulty and loyalty vouchers do not apply to these transactions.
Stylecraft Malabar Aran Cotton with Silk is a lovely new soft yarn for spring and summer and comes with a great selection of patterns. Also we have two new 4 ply cottons from King Cole and Sirdar. Check our shelves for new books from Rowan and Debbie Bliss.
- Sock Club. Following our first meeting on February 16th Tracy has registered the group on Facebook and Ravelry as “Newbury Sock Club”. The next meeting will be at YarnFest on Monday March 16th at 7.00pm and new members who are sock knitters will be welcome.
- Wonderwool Wales Saturday April 25th. Our booking has been confirmed with Bailey’s Coaches of Hermitage to whisk us to Wales in a new 22 seat luxury coach. Leaving YarnFest at 8.30, we expect to arrive at Wonderwool around 11.00am and will leave at 4.00pm, expecting to arrive back at 6.30pm, approx. There are currently two spaces available for this trip, if you are interested in this great day out then call us as soon as possible, the cost is £36.00 including your entrance ticket to the event. Parking will be available for the day at Yarnfest.
- Spinning Day. Apologies for the error in our February newsletter that stated a February date instead of March! The event is on Sunday March 8th between 12.00—4.00pm. This is an informal gathering where customers can bring their spinning wheels and those who are interested can also try their hand at the art!
- Knit and Natter. Since starting these meetings almost four years ago we have strived to improve our facilities to host such meetings. Our latest development has seen new tables and cupboards installed and the provision of “Café” snacks and hot drinks. However creating such facilities comes at a cost and from March 9th 2015 we shall be making a small charge of £2.00 per person to attend Knit and Natter meetings that are held during the day. This will currently cover the Tuesday and Thursday afternoon meetings. We hope that everyone understands the reasons for this development and that you will better enjoy the experience of using our new improved facility.
- Mini – Café. Try our new look café area while you browse, and enjoy a cup of fresh ground coffee and choose from a range of snacks, including, soups, biscuits, cakes, brownies and bars, and bring your knitting!
Do not forget Mother’s Day is on Sunday March 15th.
Visit us for Gifts and Gift Vouchers
To register for a course, give us a call on 01635 201660 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
We have introduced two new categories of courses from this month: An Introduction to Needle Felting (Sat April 11th) our new tutor, Dawn, will run this course during which you will be making a small animal. No experience is necessary and all tools and materials are included in the cost of the course. Dawn can teach a maximum of eight persons so book early!
Our second new course is Tunisian Entrelac Crochet (Sat May 2nd) and follows on from our successful Entrelac Knitting course. A Tunisian crochet hook is included in the cost of the course.