We were pleased to join in this national initiative started by “Let’s Knit” Magazine and hope that it helps recognise the current plight of most independent shops, we all need your support. In the craft business demand slows in the summer though the recent warm spell has affected us earlier this year, as a result we have recently been forced to reduce costs and look to diversify into other areas whilst trying not to affect our current activities. We are appealing to all our customers for their continued support especially from May through September to ensure that we are still here to serve you in the winter period and beyond. We hope you understand our position and we would like to thank you for your continued support.
See our new colours in Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino and Rialto 4 Ply. From Sirdar we have Click DK with wool, Divine, Ella DK Cotton Blend and Baby Snuggly. Stylecraft Wondersoft Merry Go Round. Yarn Buddies are also back in stock.
YarnFest Clock— Kit
Available as a kit comprising the hoop frame with mount for the Clock mechanism with hands, and face base materials, ready for your own number embellishment with e.g. crochet or buttons: £10.99 per Kit
(An “AA Battery” is required but is not included in the kit )
Buy a completed clock with crochet or button numbers, including “AA Battery “ £14.99 per Clock
Our Easter Extravaganza went well and our limited edition Easter Egg was won by Kira Smith who’s ticket was drawn from only two correct (Kira and Gill Pittock) entries nominated by participating customers. As a result £55 (all proceeds) was donated to Newbury Cats Protection Society. The name of the needle felted owl? It was Ozzy!
- Wonderwool : – Our trip went very well and 21 of us enjoyed a great day out with plenty of quality items to tempt us and judging by the amount of “Excess baggage” on the coach the trip achieved its objective, a lovely day out in convivial company, though we were all shattered at the end!
- Sock Club: is on Monday May 11th at 7 pm. Bank Holiday Openings: We are open all day 10.00 am until 5.30 pm
- Craft Fair: planned for Saturday July 12th— more details next month or contact us if you are interested in a stand.
- Courses: Our first machine sewing course with Paula and Marlyn of “Twogocrafting” was very successful and further courses have been scheduled, see below.
- Needle Felting: This was so successful that we have scheduled three further courses though spaces are limited, so book early. The Owls looked great and a Teddy is next.
- YarnFest “Fitness Boot Camp” We are planning a schedule of 45 minute group fitness sessions with “Graham” our professional instructor. Initially these will be on Saturday mornings and Monday evenings outdoor in the garden. Course will be fun and cater for all abilities. Contact us for further details. Get fit-keep fit
Send your snaps to firstname.lastname@example.org